Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January Knits

January so far, has been a very knitterly month. Kicked of with the Knitty City Sale, followed by the Double Knitting workshop with the wizard of double knitting! fallingblox (AKA Alasdair...) came to NYC from Boston to teach a level one class. it was a very interesting workshop. not your TV knitting here. but hey, 2008 is the year of fearless knitting! cant wait for level 2!!! As you can see, I have some more learing to do...........
184.365
Followed by a reading. Kate Jacobs- The Friday Night Knitting Club. It was small turn out despite the very warm weather. They should have done it on a Friday, not a Monday! Kate was charming. The book- not my type, but I got to see some of my friends and to wear my Koolhaas hat!
185.365
Followed by Sit N Knit meeting to get socks back on the needles. I stared socks for my son. From stash!
191.365
Also received my new knitting book- knitting new scarves arrived! what a great book!

And- finally- I made the hat/tea cosy wonder.
Noro Hat by Saartje de Bruijn
Kureyon #165 1.5 skeins
Addi circ 12" size US7
started 1/14/08
finished 1/15/08
One of the most relaxing and satisfying knits available!

Noro Hat

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

That is one cute hat!
(((hugs)))

Sue said...

Both hats look great.