Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Frogged but not forgotten!

The French market bag was frogged. I did not like the way it was knitting up and you all helped me do it. It was not bad. The linen unraveled nicely and now that I tried it, I had an idea what I was going to do. I made a bottom and knit in the round. This version will take much longer and use more yarn, but I like it much better. I am making it up as I go along, and forgot to take pix of the start. but I will knit it again. Maybe in one color. The pattern is based on a mohair scarf that Astrid made. As I mentioned before, I am told this yarn will block crisply. we'll see. And of course, I am knitting it with my Addi lace, us6, magic loop. It may have been faster and "holier" on size us8, but I do love my Addi-lace!

11 comments:

Hilde C. said...

It's looking good - I look forward to see it when it's finished. And the green colors are lovely :-)

Annie said...

I agree, this looks better! It shows off the yarn beautifully. Yay! And yes, linen blocks nicely, your stitch pattern will look fantastic!

sarah said...

I will watch with interest: I have some hemp that is just too coarse for any garment. If it's going to be anything, it'll be a bag.

But... be prepared to put it to one side when the Sidewinder bites :-)

Dorothy said...

It's pretty! I can't wait to see it finished and blocked out.

Unknown said...

I like it better, too!

I'm so glad I finally found your blog...

magnusmog said...

I've never knitted with hemp so I'm intrigued to see how this ends up :)

Anonymous said...

You have to be happy with it, right? It's looking great!

Anonymous said...

i am thrilled: someone in New York is inspired by my pattern. If yours succeed I wil trie this with my hemp. You tipped me, but I see that Sarah has the same idea.

Kath said...

Good for you to try something of your own design - I love it so far. Those colours look wonderful and so rich, and as you said it will be interesting to see how the linen will block to show off that great stitch pattern.

gail said...

That is lovely, lovely, lovely. Truly a treasure of shopping bags!

artyfartykat said...

I agree with everyone else, I think it looks better too! Can't wait to see it finished, I just love the colours.