Sunday, March 04, 2007

What about the knitting around here?

As you may have noticed, I have distracted you with some lovely photos but very little knitting content. Its true, I had very little time to knit, and I spent way too much time reading blogs, checking out flicker and general distracting modes. Its time to find some of the elusive balance again. I think I need to put myself on a schedule. There is little progress on the socks and pin stripe, but none on the lace shawl. The lace demands my attention- I had none to give last week. Its a bit of a funk, I know. So I will leave you with an old favorite I took out for the spring like weather we had for a minute here in NYC. Latifa - Knitty. Yes, 03! Details here, and here.

Latifa on

13 comments:

Annie said...

Oooh I want to see how those socks turn out. They look so nice. You'll find time to knit. It's like eating, your brain and body will demand it. :-)

Liz K. said...

I go through times when I can't knit much more than the stockinette. It is so wonderful when the time and attention returns. You'll appreciate it so much more.

Artis-Anne said...

Time !! there is never enough !!
but hey you will get back to the knitting in time :)

Knitting Ewe said...

You take the most amazing pictures - of nature and of your knitting! The picture showing the detail of the scarf gives me a new appreciation of Garter stitch!

Garngamen said...

I know, so little time to knit, But you look great in the Latfia! Very springy spring! It is great blogging, I agree! Hey, it is for fun, so if blogging is fun, why not? But you have things going there, so it is great to have something to dig into when the spirit and time comes! Great hugs my friend (and Im much better now!)

Anonymous said...

Knitting what? I am easily distracted! I'll take any pics you want to post - they're beautiful!

Hilde C. said...

You look great in that good looking Latifa :-)

MissLucy said...

latifa is such a great pattern, and the colours you have chosen for yours are wonderful!!

gail said...

Cute scarf. Nothing wrong with using an old pattern, as if a '03 pattern is old. I love EZ's patterns and they are even older, but still look great!

Nana Sadie said...

Your photos are so great, tho'! And knitting comes in spurts lately for me, too. Lace has to have my full attention, and I haven't had much to give it lately. So it's socks right now. Easy-peasy...cute scarf!
(((hugs)))

~Kristie said...

absolutely beautiful!

Annelie said...

That Latifa of yours looks very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I saw your scarf on Flickr and fell in love with it. Gorgeous.