Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday morning in NYC

So here we are, Monday morning in NY. Another glorious day of spring, and I must say, I do love early spring. It has the feeling of a promise. of something good, something great, going to happen. I mean, how can you not feel that with all those daffodils smiling at you?
And yes, I will, I'll go out and take a picture.
I have a terrible yarnover this morning from all the blog hopping I did over the weekend. The Flash your Stash idea was so cool. I loved visiting other people’s stash, and there are many more I have to visit. Hi to all my new friends and I hope you will continue to visit. My bookmarks have gotten very long!!!
I am just loving the whole global knitting/knitting blogs community! Don't you?


I have finished the border on my sudoku pillow, and by overwhelming majority, it will have a velvet back. It’ll be great; it will match my Kaffe Fassett pillow, which I made years ago when Glorious Knits came out.
Originally, it was to be the back of a sweater for my x-husband, but it was too big, so it became a pillow. I did make the sweater for him, but took it back when we got divorced! I’ll get to a picture of that L8R. I also have a picture of the back of the pillow- here you go, all the folks who wonder what it looks like with all those colors. I weave in the ends as I knit. I learnt that from Kaffe Fassett. it is such a time saver! (click on it to see a close up)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pillows are just awesome. Of course I want to make a couple now, and have no room on my to do list. Ugh.

Necia

Garngamen said...

Hi!
Thanks for dropping by my blog! I was fortunate! One of the teachers was sick so I got extra time! Love your pillows and blog. Laughed at the "yarnover"... I agree I is amazing that the net can bring you knitting-friends all over the globe!

Garngamen said...

Hi!
Thanks for dropping by my blog! I was fortunate! One of the teachers was sick so I got extra time! Love your pillows and blog. Laughed at the "yarnover"... I agree I is amazing that the net can bring you knitting-friends all over the globe!

Annie said...

The pillows look great! I also knit my ends as I go. Atleast, most of the time...I try...

Yarnover! Hooray!

Mary, Mary... said...

Either I have ADD or it's 'multitasking.'The dog would be very stringy, I think. Pillows look FAB. I'm in awe--I've yet to do a KFassett design in knitting--quilting, yes. And good job getting the sweater back!

Anonymous said...

The pillows look really good! I've never knitted the ends as I go, but maybe I should try. I sounds like a clever thing to do :-)

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I love your Sudoku pillow! I will have to knit something sudoku-y sometime. : ) Your Noro and Koigu collections are impressive, yum!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. : )

brooke t. higgins said...

Your sudoku pillow is so cool! Thanks for letting me know about it. Keep up the good work!

Kim in Oregon said...

I love the Sudoku Pillow! did you invent it yourself?

craftoholic said...

Wow, that pretty incredible! Not sure I'd have the patience for that.