Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sox Pressure


Had a half an hour today, so I ran to the park to sit and knit. I now carry 2 projects with me at all times. Yes, it happened, I am knitting two things at once. I am still in shock over this. I have not finished the gloves yet, but I have started these socks. I was not going to do it, but the yarn made me. Honest! Last week I went to my new LYS knitty city on west 79 street for the Mason Dixon book signing. It was a pleasant event, although I was disappointed with the actual book. I heard about it in podcasts, I read about it in their blog, but the book itself had nothing new or exciting. It was nicely presented, and the authors are lovely and amusing women, but…
any way, while I was there, minding my own business, I heard “pssst, pssst” I looked around, no one was looking at me or calling me. It kept going, “pssst, pssst, you in the Noro hat knit out of Diakeito” it had to be me!
It was a sock yarn calling me from the shelf!! Honest! A few fondlings and sqeezes later, I had to take it home!
It is Trekking XXL .
I started knitting with it today and I can’t stop! It is smooth to knit with and the yarn pattern is fun yet subtle. Now I want more colors and more patterns and more and more..... (So much for knitting from stash... I am with you Yarn Bug) well, I had to start some socks. it was all over the web- the pressure to sox it!


I mean- just look at some people's sock yarn stash!!
Disclaimer- you must sit down to view this. I'm not responsible for oooing and ahhhing! (by the way- they are not mine)

7 comments:

Mary, Mary... said...

The hat is gorgeous! I'd jack up the AC just so I could wear it and those zippy gloves. I've been on a sock yarn binge lately. Sock #2 almost done, I'm swatching some Koigu for DH, looking at patterns. They're so dang portable--I love 'em and I haven't even finished my first pair. I bought Mason-Dixon and I agree, though I do plan to knit a bathmat for the boys. Why? Because it's there...and it's not safe for me to go to Target.

Anonymous said...

Hila, I missed you on Sunday. I told Annie I really want to meet you. Hopefully some day. What's Dialeto? I love that hat. I've seen Trekking yarn too, and been tempted to buy it several times, but never took the plunge yet.

Necia

Annie said...

Whoah - love that sock yarn. What colorway is that? I guess I have to visit that yarn store. SHUCKS.

I bought Mason-Dixon as well. I got a kick out of it, not sure what I'll knit, though I love the curtain, and the hand towels.

WHCounselor said...

Oh my I love that hat - it is amazing. I agree with you about the Mason Dixon book - and I learned the hard wya - I preordered it from Amazon. Think I will make a washcloth though wiht some cotton chenille I've had hanging around. I am also so impressed with your gloves. What is so great about Trekking? I've been hearing so much about it (I'm a sock virgin tho so what do I know)

Rae said...

Nice stash arrangement!

Knitty City is my favorite store in the city so far. Their selection seems more limited than Yarn Co, but the owner is so amazingly nice and helpful.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with M-D. As a relatively new knitter of pattners, I find it enjoyable and inspirational. I'm starting on a wall hanging as a result of reading about the curtain. Go figure!

Alice said...

Which pattern did you use for that gorgeous hat? Pls tell me........

Gita said...

I just love that hat, it´s gorgeous!