Monday, December 08, 2008

Gentleman's Fancy Hat

Gentleman's Fancy Hatsurprise! the inside looks great as well!


Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted. less than one skein purple and a third for the green.
Addi circs 16" us 6 and us 8
DPN us 8 for top
I used the Gentleman's Fancy socks pattern by Nancy Bush.
2 days hat! Easy!!! You can see detail of the construction here (Ravelry link).
Its warm and soft. Surprise! The inside looks great as well!
In this version, I wanted to finish it so fast, I did not think enough about the decreases, so I am not crazy about the way it looks. (I just did the 5 section thing).
I will knit another version, to test it, since I have been asked to write it as a pattern.
This year seems to be the year of the hats. I have learned a few things about how I like my hats- I like them deep, covering the ears, and I need a double layer over the ears as well! This hat is perfect...

Just in time for today's "in the teens" temperatures!
temperatures in the teens!

4 comments:

Harlem Purl said...

Great job. I love it and you are so right about finishing it just in time. You don't know how thankful I was for my handknit woolies this morning.

Dave said...

It definitely looks comfy and warm -- and that's very cheerful colours!

Nana Sadie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! (and what a gorgeous color - and model!)
(((hugs)))

Leslie said...

What an awesome hat! I love the stitch pattern and the colors, too.