Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thank You!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you everybody for your warm wishes and congrats. It is such a great feeling! It filled my heart with joy. no kidding! I especially appreciate this at this particular time for me when I find some of my old friends less than supportive. One has to look at change straight in the eye, but sometimes we try not to. So thanks for being there my friends!
To keep myself afloat I have been busy knitting, reading and a little spinning. I am soaking my second batch of handspun right now. I believe I got the yarn correctly on the niddy noddy this time, thanks in part to the link Adrian left for me, and this wonderful book I got: Spinning in the Old Way: How (and Why) To Make Your Own Yarn With A High-Whorl Handspindle. It gives really good explanations and some good techniques. I feel I have learnt much from just reading it- now I have to practice. So I did tonight, and I got some more spinning fiber from hello yarn, and some from Yarn Tree.
I received the yarn for my secret feet exchange. I also got the book Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave. ETA: I love the new sock book. There are some socks a fell in love with right away. Some socks I like that are not new, but are timeless, and some that will be great if I will be willing to cross my comfort zone. I am glad I have enough sock yarn in the stash...
Also received my scarf receiver for the ISE4! Soon- project Spectrum will switch to Green/Yellow/Pink in April. I am SO ready for colors! So ready for spring, for change.
Here are the new neck warmers; just in time for spring!
City Scap with glass buttons

my first hand spun- neck hug

my first hand spun- neck hug- front
I just wanted to say again- thanks guys!

13 comments:

Lori said...

I love the neckwarmers - they look like knitted jewelry; enough to show off the yarn, but not as much knitting as a sweater... I think I may have a use for one or two.
What do you think of the sock book? I haven't had an opportunity to see it in person, so I'm relying on the opinions of bloggers to see if I want to ask the local bookstore to order it. (no pressure!)

Artis-Anne said...

Love the neck warmers and so glad you are enjoying spinning. I find it more relaxing than knitting at times, melts away any stress I have :)
I would like to know what you think of the sock book also as I nearly ordered it last week

sarah said...

Seriously stylish neckwear! You're doomed, though, now you've got to find room for a spinning fibre stash as well as yarn. And you might as well start assessing wheels: work out how long it will take to spin yarn for a garment on a dropspindle (almost certainly 2-ply, so double that first measurement and add the frustration, er, excitement of plying relatively short lengths).

If it's spinning your other friends aren't appreciating, remember they might just be unwilling/unable to admit to jealousy. Although that needn't apply just to spinning, your beautiful neckwarmers would inspire jealousy in many.

And thank you, too :-)

Rain said...

They look perfect for this weather when there's stilla bit of a chill in the air.

artyfartykat said...

The neckwarmers are fab, they'll definitely keep the draughts out!

Knitting Ewe said...

I have long neck envy! Those neck warmers are beautiful - and the really suit you.

Margaret said...

Love the colors of the tigers eye singles!

Hilde C. said...

I think the neck warmers look fabulous. I hope RL becomes better soon :-)

Anonymous said...

The neckwarmers are fabulous - I agree, a cross between a scarf and jewellery.

gail said...

Lovely, lovely yarn. Lovely, lovely neck warmers. Looks like you are having great fun!!

Alice said...

I especially like that top neckwarmer - it looks quite unusual. Your handspun yarn looks brilliant - I still can't imagine what spinning involves; it sounds difficult. You seem to have the knack of it though.

Annie said...

I love the neck warmers! They look fantastic. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the sock exchange. And I also really like the Interweave sock book, it's a good one, eh? HOORAY FOR SPRING!

a friend to knit with said...

beautiful job on the neckwarmers...glad you found that new little hobby of dying and spinning! you are great at it!