Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

I am obsessed with putting the Babette puzzle together. No sleep, no food, no laundry, just the "Puzzle." There is A LOT of sewing here. That is the nature of the project, and now that it is almost done, and I have to finish it by May 22 to take it to my brother's baby for Memorial Day weekend, I am obsessed with finishing it. I think I can do it. I am also thinking about a thin soft cotton lining. If I find the right fabric.
Here is some of the process. Layout of the almost 150 pieces. At Martha's (blogless) suggestion, I pinned the sections to an old sheet and thus was able to take it off the floor, "for the duration......" Genius!! I also have to block severely, since I am not a very neat crocheter. As I get to next section (#7 coming up) I make sure it will match. I block the sections before joining. it is fun when it works perfectly, for all other situations- there's improvising.....
There are many many colors here. I just hope my sister in law will like it.....

I think I can!
genius!the mystery of the scrolls.....

obsession
section 7 coming up

11 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

OMG! What a job, but wow, how gorgeous when you have it blocked and ready to sew! Those photos say it all...
It's such an accomplishment - I can't imagine ANYONE not loving this gift!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I think you will!I think you will! I think you will get it done by due date!
How's that for rhyming! Just like a second grader, right!!!
Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! I'm sewing up my crochet blanket squares and actually enjoying it.

Annie said...

I can not wait to see this finished. So exciting!

Tawana said...

It is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see it finished...

Sonya said...

How fabulous! What a treat, seeing it come together.

Hilde C. said...

It looks like a big job, but a fun one. I think it's going to look great :-)

P.S. I'm glad to hear the 40s are fun. I take your word for it :-)

Garngamen said...

Now THAT is amazing. It looks stunning. Just fab! Wow, how creative. And those colours shine. WOW. Lucky them. What a gift. It is a museum piece. So glad you share it with all of us. Take MANY pictures!

Susan said...

I am inspired!
You know, if she disagrees with it. Tell them that the southern slaves used to make quilts with all sorts of outlandish colors and patterns to confuse the bad spirits and keep them away.

PlazaJen said...

Oooooooo. Pretty, pretty. It's going to simply be stupendous once assembled. Congrats to you, what a project!

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Beautiful colourwork there, Hila - I know this last stage seems never-ending but it will be SO worth it!