Saturday, November 03, 2007

Kaffe Fassett sock yarn Collection from Regia

Some of you may have noticed my admiration of a certain knitting guru... Kaffe Fassett is famous in the knitting and textile community for his amazing use of color in his designs, and he has joined up with Regia to create an amazing sock yarn collection. Naturally, I had to try some! The yarn is a wool nylon blend, so it will hold up to wear and tear and is washable. There are 2 kinds- Mirage and Landscape. The color transitions are fantastic! Kaffe said that he is not crazy about using variegated in general, because he feels its not creative enugh, but even he can see that sometimes you need to "just do it."
The first pair was in the Mirage line, color Fire:
Simple top down.
Addi US1 2 on 2 circs.
Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett-

The second pair inspired me to try my first toe up! From IK summer 2007.
Toe Ups
Landscape line in Fire.
Magic cast on.
2 on 2 circs addi US1
KF regia socks- My first Toe-Up!

SO I knit two pairs of socks, top down and toes up. I wanted more! I remembered a pair of fingerless gloves I knit last year out of Austeman Step that was real easy. Its from Not Just Socks. It has really clear instructions! I now know that fingelss glvoes are NOT for me. they look so COOL, but the tips of my fingers are frozen. So it will be full gloves or mittens for me. I just knew the Landscape Twilight I had would be perfect as a pair of Fall gloves!
Fall Gloves
The Landscape line in Twilight.
From Not Just Socks.
Addi size us1 and us0 circs and bamboo DPN

gloves

And here are some of the latest in action...
glove love
the look
120.365
Have I mentioned I LOVE Fall?

15 comments:

CAT said...

It was amazing to finally meet you in person!
I love the socks and the gloves, really inspiring me to get cracking on some socks for holiday gifts.

Mary said...

I also was at Knitty City and saw your gloves in progress. They look great. I have a photo of Kaffee holding up your glove -- would you like me to send it to you?
(The photo isn't on my blog.)

Annelie said...

Love it all! Especially the gloves. Guess you can't be anything but happy wearing this outfit.

Harlem Purl said...

I love the way your socks and gloves turned out. Very fallish!

Dorothy said...

They are pretty! The colours are amazing.

Nana Sadie said...

Wow. I love it all! Color is so amazing...
And fall does seem the best time for it!
(((hugs)))

Code Purl said...

Wow, you've been busy. Love the strong colors! Gotta love Kaffe for that.

Anonymous said...

Great socks and mitts! I like how vibrant the colors are.

Artis-Anne said...

Fantastic FO, I LOVE them all, great work and I agree re fingerless mitts , who needs frozen fingers ?

Anonymous said...

I am totally in awe of your socks and gloves! They are visually stimulating and the colours are just great. Keep those hands and feet warm, will ya?

Sarah said...

Those are lovely. The colours are just great and I love the fact that the bands of colour are not uniform in size. The gloves are gorgeous.

Jennie said...

Love the socks! And gosh the gloves are amazing too. They all look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

this is some wonderful knitting! I want some gloves like that now...hmmm. Inspiring!

Hey, have you seen his new book, Kaffe Knits Again? I haven't, but I'm also a big fan of his work; I think I'll try and get a look at it.
cheers from Lisa

gail said...

Wow, you have inspired me. Unfortunately, my favorite colorway--the one you used for the toe up socks, was available in only ONE skein at my LYS. I will order more, now that I see your socks and gloves.

em tricote said...

hi!

your socks (and gloves) look great!!
i have boutgh myself some of this really nice wool, but i don't find any pattern.
these would be my first socks, so i need a pattern, where did you find yours?

em