Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fit for a Mad Hatter!

My tea cozy (cosy) is finally finished. Stared on July 7 with this, it evolved into this! You can see some of the process here. It fascinates me to see it grow, even as I have created it. You can also see the close-ups here. It was very engaging to make. and talk about using scrapes of stash!! Can you guess I am very pleased with it?

Its been suggested I should name it. I am open for suggestions!
1.365 FF
tea cost freeform 2007 side 1
tea cost freeform 2007 side 2
side view
side view
lining
tea cosy detail

137.365.JPG

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool cosy - that last photo is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cozy -- like crazy quilting in yarn!

Annelie said...

I just love it!

Nana Sadie said...

Kaffe would be proud! THAT is a delightful montage
(((hugs)))

Sonya said...

Fabulous. Love how you've harnessed this free-formed medium into something entirely functional.

gail said...

That is the tea cozy to end all tea cozies! Warm cozy, hot tea! No names with pizazz--other than Lady Grey, she must be the partner of Earl Grey. And, the cozy is the opposite of "grey".....

Cathy said...

Oh - I love the Lady Grey name suggestion. And love the tea cozy.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

It has to be the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, surely? Superb freeform work - an impossible act to follow!

Anonymous said...

it reminds me of the work of Gaudi: so maybe:
gaudi's-mad-tea-party-hat
ore
gaudi's-knitting-cozy
ore
guell's park tea cozy

Anonymous said...

HA! That's a laugh! Love the tea cozy on you!

Unknown said...

LOL - love the cozy

Alyssa said...

I love the tea cozy. I would have to wear one on my head too but that's because I don't have a tea pot.

Code Purl said...

I'm trying to think of some outlandish name but it's alluding me. Awesome cozy though.

Code Purl said...

I'm trying to think of some outlandish name but it's alluding me. Awesome cozy though.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!

annmarie said...

what a fabulous piece of work! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Weasley, that's what I would name it. Lovely.

ChelleC said...

You did it! Yay! It's darling. Love the photo of you wearing it.

Annelie said...

Hey, I'm missing your! Hope you are all right.

Elizabeth said...

That's amazing. I love it.