Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pomatomus making progress in the park

76.365
I spent a few hours in the park today, knitting up a storm on my Pomatomus. Slightly modified. I do not like lace on my foot in the shoe. Almost done, I am at the toe decreases, so I thought I'll cast on for some leftover wool/bamboo leftover spiral socks. I like the colors together, but its too orderly for this spiral idea. I guess 3 wild variegated yarns will be much better. moreover, the tangles are just too much for a little socks. I think these yarns will do better as wide stripes. Sitting in the park was mixed emotions. gorgeous weather and lovely time, but too long a break from work (it was a slow day) so too much worry.
spiral-to-frog
I am going to swatch today for the Secret of the Stole KAL. there will be beads, and I need to get a very very very thinn crochet hook. The yarn I'll use is Alpaca Cloud in color Mist, from Knitpicks. (I had it in the stash!) I am not sure which beads I'll use. Fall is here. Makes me happy. Cool and crisp sweater weather!
alpac_cloud_mist
beads

9 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Wow. That's a tough decision on the beads - I like them both! The weather has just been gorgeous...playing hookey is good for the soul once in awhile..
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

The colors of this post are so pretty together. Glad you got out to play hooky. Can't wait to see which beads you decide on!

Mary, Mary... said...

TWO pomatamus at once? Yipes!

Anonymous said...

Your colour choices are beautiful.

artyfartykat said...

Love the freeform knitting on previous post, looks fab!
Can't help on the bead choice I'm afraid, love them both!!

Hilde C. said...

The socks look beautiful, and the picture in the park is great! :-)

gail said...

Oh, what gorgeous yarn and beads for the secret of the stole. I must look for that pattern. And, your socks in the park are coming along great. I want to make a pair in a solid color to show off the lively swirls.

Artis-Anne said...

Great pic in the park of your socks ; I wonder what someone passing would have thought :)
Oh gosh not sure which colour beads I rather as both look god. I guess it depends on if you wanta cool or warm colour.
I have my beads for the KAL but I need to dye my yarn to match them !!!

Sonya said...

That is a fabulous sock-in-progress photo - I guess I should say socks. Glorious!