Thursday, April 10, 2008

Done!

Done! I can wear them tonight for the Bobmas night...........
I really enjoyed working with this yarn! I can't wait to CO for something else soon. (suggestions?)
The pattern is fun too! Burning Rings of Fire by Kirsten Kapur. I did not continue the rib on the foot part for two reasons. I wanted to see how the yarn knits in stockinette (love it) and I usually prefer a plain sock in my shoe.

Burning Rings of Fire
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Yarn: Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop
Colorway: love me tender
2 skeins , but there is some left over.
(They are on the blockers, but not blocked yet.)

10 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I just love the colors in that yarn! Great job!
(((hugs)))

cosymakes said...

gorgeous!

Alyssa said...

Love them! I'm getting the itch to knit socks again so I'm going to cast on for a pair of argule socks for my grandpa as soon as the yarn gets here from KnitPicks! I really can't wait! Maybe I'll make a simple pair from my stash while I wait...

Have fun at Bobmas I really wanted to go but I just can't plan anything in April. Damn taxes. Merry Bobmas!

Dave said...

Very cool socks!

Hilde C. said...

The socks look great - beautiful colours :-)

Bernadette said...

Wow! Beautiful colors, cool socks! Great job!

Annie said...

Beautiful!

misplacedpom said...

Pretty socks, well done! Although I have to say "Burning Ring of Fire" has a different connotation to the British than the one Johnny Cash had in mind and I can't stop giggling every time someone says it.

Garngamen said...

Looking great! As usual! that is Toasty feet in great colours!

Deborah said...

Oh nice, I'm making a pair Kirsten's socks now. I love her designs.